Our Advocacy Approach
AAAC collects data through CV Suites™ (aggregates creative labor market data from national sources), National & State Reports (i.e. NEA, AFTA, NCAC, Arts NC), Local Surveys & Partnerships.
Assess data findings as they pertain to the local arts sector and current arts policy initiatives.
Share findings with the local arts community, state and local representatives, strategic partners, and the community at large.
Build strategic partnerships in order to strengthen the local arts sector and further local arts policy initiatives.
Basic Timeline 2020-2021
Ongoing: champion current policy priorities, and capitalize on new opportunities.
- Final NC Arts Council & Buncombe County Strategic Partnership grant reports due
- Send thanks yous to officials
- Begin prioritizing arts policy initiatives
- Board & Commissions retreats
- Check-in with local and state officials
- Meet with staff to generate internal support
- Apply for and oversee the regranting process for Buncombe County NC CARES for Arts grant
- Award and distribute NC CARES for the Arts grant
- (Virtual) Meet & Greet with newly elected officials
- Asheville City Council retreat
- Annual Boards & Commissions reports due
- City and County discuss Capital Improvement Projects (CIP)
- Buncombe County Commission retreat
- BC Strategic Partnership grant applications due
- Arts Day planning and scheduling
- City and County Budget work sessions
- Arts NC (Virtual) Arts Day (3/22-24)
- NC Arts Council grant applications due
- Arts Day follow-ups & thank yous
- City and County budget hearings
- City and County budgets approved