- This event has passed.
Regional Artist Project Grant Workshop
September 15 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Regional Artist Project Grant is an annual grant program that provides financial support to developing professionals by funding a project pivotal to the advancement of their careers as artists.The selection criteria include artistic merit, the potential of the project to contribute to the artist’s professional growth, and the feasibility of the project itself. The Toe River Arts Council, Asheville Area Arts Council, and the Madison County Arts Council are pleased to announce the 2017/2018 Regional Artist Project Grant application is open.
The Regional Artist Project Grants awarded range from $400 – $1,200. Full or partial cash match is not required but is preferred. Artists currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program and artists who have received a Regional Artist Project Grant within the last two funding cycles are not eligible.
Each year the three arts councils hold grant workshops. These are highly recommended. If you’ve never applied for funding or are unsure of your project, please try to attend one of these:
- August 24, 4 pm: Burnsville TRAC Gallery, 102 W. Main St. [828.682.7215]
- August 29, 4 pm: Spruce Pine Arts Resource Center, 269 Oak Ave. [828.765.0520]
- September 12, 4 pm: Asheville Area Arts Council, 207 Coxe Ave. [828.258.0710]
- September 15, 4 pm: Asheville Area Arts Council, 207 Coxe Ave. [828.258.0710]
- Please call the Madison County Arts Council for more information [828.649.1301]