2017 REGIONAL ART EXHIBITION
The Dogwood Arts Regional Fine Art Exhibition was developed to showcase and award the finest artists of our region. Fine art encompassing all styles and genres from both emerging and established artists will be selected by a talented juror with vast experience in the arts and a passion for our region’s creative culture.
The exhibit will be on display from June 2-30, 2017 at the Knoxville Convention Center. Dogwood Arts only accepts works completed in the last two years by artists 18 and older. The 2017 exhibition will be located at a pop-up gallery in the Knoxville Convention Center.
March 3, 2017: Application Deadline ($35 Fee)
March 31, 2017: Notification of Acceptance via email
May 23-24, 2017: Artwork must be delivered or mailed to Dogwood Arts Office (Dogwood Arts, 123 W. Jackson Ave, Knoxville, TN 37902)
June 2-30, 2017: Exhibition Dates
June 2, 2017: Opening & Award Ceremony (5:30-9pm at The Knoxville Convention Center)
July 1-2, 2017: Local Pick Up & Regional Mailing Dates. (Artwork must be picked up at the Knoxville Convention Center from 9-11am or 3-5pm)
GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
- Dogwood Arts will accepts applications from all artists 18 years and older residing within a 500 mile radius of the Dogwood Arts office.
- 2-D Painting, drawing, mixed media, printmaking, and photography; 3-D sculpture of all media, and site-specific installations are eligible submissions. 2-D work may not exceed 6’ in either length or height. 3-D submissions over 100 lbs. must be installed by the artist and should not exceed a 6’ x 6’ footprint.
- The juror reserves the right to disqualify any work not suitably presented, or any work appearing not to correspond to the entry image.
- 4-D Art, including video, performance and other time-based pieces are not eligible.
- Artists may enter up to three completed works (three views of each work for a total of nine images). All works entered must have been created in the last two years and may not have been previously exhibited by Dogwood Arts.
- The exhibition will open to the public beginning Friday, June 2, 2017 (5-9pm). Artists are responsible for timely local drop off & pick up or regional mailing of the artwork within scheduled dates.
- Dogwood Arts reserves the right to photograph and video any submitted work for documentary, educational and publicity purposes.
- Receipt of the completed application form constitutes your agreement with all conditions established in the prospectus.
- Artists may not substitute, alter, or change sales price after it has been accepted. Dogwood Arts will insure artworks for the artist’s commission value (60%) upon receipt of the work, and through the duration of the exhibit.
Cash awards totaling $3,500 will be presented at the exhibit’s Opening Reception on April 3rd at the Emporium from5-9 pm. Best in Show ($1500), Second Place ($750), Third Place ($500), three Merit awards ($250/each) and an award from Fast Frame. All awards are designated by the esteemed juror and are final. All artists accepted into the show are encouraged to attend the Awards Reception on April 1, 2016.
APPLICATION & FEE
Submit your application and pay the submission fee using the entry form below. The non-refundable entry fee is $35 per application (you may submit up to three works per application). Two images may be submitted for each 3-D piece submitted on the application. All work must be in jpg form. The file name should be as follows: Entry form number: (1,2, or 3) _title of work. Example: 1_BigPainting.jpg. The file size should be 300 dpi, and as close to 2 MB or less. The widest side should not exceed 1,500 pixels.
DELIVERY & RETURN OF WORK
Work must be delivered to Dogwood Arts at 123 W Jackson Ave, Knoxville, TN 37902, and picked up from the Knoxville Convention Center at 701 Henley St, Knoxville, TN 37902 (Clinch Street Entrance). Shipping details will be provided with adjudication results. Always pre-calculate shipping costs of submitted work. Work unclaimed within 30 days becomes property of Dogwood Arts.
JUROR & SELECTION
Leslie Noell is an artist, designer, and educator who currently works at Penland School of Crafts as director of programs. She earned a degree in graphic design from NC State University College of Design and an MFA in artisanry from the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth. Leslie studied at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague and spent two years as a core fellowship student at Penland School of Crafts. She has been a resident artist at Caversham Press (Kwazulu Natal, South Africa), Jentel Artist Residency Program (Banner, WY), and the Winter Print Residency at Penland. Her work has been shown throughout the country in a number of exhibitions including the Hickory Museum of Art, Holter Museum of Art, Asheville Art Museum, and Mobile Museum of Art.
Leslie’s studio work has explored a range of media and process from drawings and prints to installations and objects. Themes trace the fine line between permanence and impermanence, clarity and opacity, real and imagined space. Her work is minimalist in feel and direct in means. She strives for a balance of refinement and touch. Though days in the studio are rare, creative concerns are a constant.
SALES & COMMISSIONS
Artists may sell their work during the exhibition period. Every effort is made to promote sales.* Dogwood retains a 40% commission on all sales. Please price your work accordingly. * Work is NOT required to be for sale.
Receipt of the completed application form constitutes your agreement with all conditions established in the prospectus. Dogwood Arts will provide insurance for all work while they are on site at the exhibit venue for the extent of the exhibit. Unclaimed work is not insured after the posted pick-up date. Artists are responsible for insuring work while in transit. Dogwood Arts will insure artworks for the artist’s commission value (60%) upon receipt of the work, and through the duration of the exhibit.
Contact Kate Creason (865-637-4561), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Application Available!