Located in the heart of the River Arts District of Asheville, the North Carolina Glass Center opened doors in June 2016 and is currently expanding into an 11,500 square foot studio in the North River Arts District RAMP building. NCGC is dedicated to education, exploration & collaboration in all forms of glass. We offer daily instruction, demonstrations and a fine glass gallery.
NC Glass Center is hiring a part time Gallery Sales Associate & NCGC Spokesperson for 8-30 hours/week to start.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome all customers
- Educate the public on our mission, the works on display, and the artists represented
- Assist customers with purchases, providing customer services such as gift wrapping & shipping
- Promote, schedule and book instructional courses
- Meet or exceed monthly goals for gallery & instructional sales
- Work one on one with customers placing special orders for custom work
- Serve as the face & voice for the organization: answering the phone and handling inquiries
- Prepare deposits and daily sales reports
- Assist with merchandising & gallery maintenance
- Work with the gallery manager to complete monthly inventory
- Participate in training sessions & monthly all studio meetings
- Assist with special events
- Maintain records of student attendance & all rentals in according to NCGC procedure.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times in a supportive and respectful environment.
- Support and encourage students to learn and explore their ideas & customers to find the piece right for their needs.
- Responsible for informing department director of any and all issues relating to the public, customers, students, facilities and any other issues that may arise
- Ideal candidate would be able to assist with clerical, administrative, and social media tasks
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Gallery associates should be supportive of the NC Glass Center mission. This position is based in a busy public environment, applicants should be able to switch tasks often according to demands and be enthusiastic to interact with individuals of all race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, as well as physical and mental abilities. Demonstrable skills in the following areas required:
- Must have availability to work days, weekends & holidays
- Sales experience, self-motivation and a great passion for sharing knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well developed multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle cash and credit card revenue as well as basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and other items (including Glass) weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable using a ladder and hand tool skills (drills, painting equipment).
- Position requires standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday; standing for the entire shift should be expected.
- Must be able to work in the heat or cold throughout the entire workday.
- Preferred previous gallery sales experience & knowledge of contemporary glass
Current resume or CV to:
- North Carolina Glass Center828.505.3552 firstname.lastname@example.org://www.ncglasscenter.org