Title: Director of Philanthropy
Position Status: Full Time
Responsible to: Executive Director
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Our VOICE’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of Our VOICE
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5-years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Qualifications must demonstrate proven record of success in raising money for non-profit work, to include types of campaign and amount of money raised per campaign
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop comprehensive fundraising plan and schedule to be executed by the Development Director, Executive Director, and Board of Directors
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with Our VOICE’s Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Our VOICE with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee the fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications. CFRE a plus but not required.
This is a fulltime position
Position is open until filled.
Please submit cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com