The Gallery at Flat Rock will be hosting their second annual Art in Bloom exhibit over Memorial Weekend. Art in Bloom is a community event and fundraiser for the Open Studio Tour of Henderson County. This four-day event celebrates fine art and craft paired with professional floral design. This call is open to all original 2D and 3D artwork (painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture, glass, wood, fiber, jewelry, etc.). All artwork must be original – no giclée prints. A floral theme is not required. Here is a link to a video of an Art in Bloom show at the Minneapolis Institute of Art to visually explain the concept. An artist application for the event can be found here.
Some of the highlights this year are:
• Our art juror this year is Michael Sherrill – an internationally recognized artist from Bat Cave.
• We are adding 12 professional traditional floral artists to the team this year. Last year the interpretations were done by Ikebana artists.
• The preview party on Friday, May 26 is a chance to see the show first while raising money for the OST. There will be food, drink, music, and participation in the People Choice Awards.
Email a completed 2017 Art in Bloom Artist Application with a maximum of 3 (three) digital images of your current work(s) for review by the juror to: email@example.com. Submit the entry fee of $25 (pay online or mail a check payable to The Gallery at Flat Rock, to 2702-A Greenville Highway, Flat Rock, NC 28731). All work submitted for jurying must be owned by the artist and available for sale.
- April 23, 2017 (midnight) – deadline for application submission
- April 24 to 30, 2017 – jury process
- May 1, 2017 – jury results emailed
- May 15, 2017 – receiving of artwork at The Gallery at Flat Rock
- May 26 to 29, 2017 – Art in Bloom show in progress June 1, 2017 – pick up or return of unsold artwork to Artists
For more information, download The Gallery at Flat Rock 2nd Annual Art in Bloom pdf.