- This event has passed.
Call for Curators is Open!
November 1, 2018 - January 4, 2019
The AAAC Point of View Curator program offers Buncombe County artists the opportunity to curate exhibits within the Thom Robinson & Ray Griffin Exhibition Space. We invite artists to submit proposals for exhibitions that incorporate collaborations with other local artists. Selections are based upon artistic merit and involvement within our community. The curator designs a thematic approach, invites artists to exhibit their work, and coordinates the exhibition installation. This approach has enabled the AAAC to encourage collaborations within the scope of traditional gallery practice and also allows us the opportunity to help develop artists as curators. We see our exhibition space as a showcase for the talent of Buncombe County and strive to expose the community to the wealth of artistic excellence that exists in our area.
- Submissions accepted November 1, 2018 – January 4, 2019
- Submission review completed by January 25, 2019
- Point of View Curators are announced by February 1, 2019
- The exhibitions calendar runs on a fiscal year cycle starting July through June
- $15 application fee due before submitting. PayPal link provided below, if you do not have PayPal or choose to pay with check or cash please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.