October 24 | 2:00 – 3:30 pm OR October 25 | 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Asheville Area Arts Council Refinery Building at 207 Coxe Ave.
In this class for beginners, we will cover social media basics with artists in mind.
Topics covered will include:
- Identifying the differences between Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
- We will discuss which ones might work for you, and how you can use them to effectively market your artwork.
- Finding your brand / identity on social media.
- How to find and engage your audience by using hashtags (#) and handles (@).
- Image resolution, and what works best for each platform.
- At the end of class, will review best practices and spend time looking at real life examples.
This class will be led by Dana Schiffman, the AAAC’s social media manager. Dana received a BFA in Photography form the State University of New York at New Paltz. After graduation, she spent some time working and living in New England before she moved down south. Since then, social media has become a big part of Dana’s life & career.
$10 for members | $25 for non-members
Limit 15 people per class