Cocoon Gallery is pleased to present Jewelry Box 2018, a Juried 3D Exhibition.
We seek to entice artists of all 3D mediums to investigate and explore the potential of the jewelry box. What is a box? What makes a jewelry box different from any other box? Does a jewelry box have to have corners, hold many pieces or only one piece, have to be functional? What materials can be used to house jewelry? Is the box the jewel? Is the jewel a box? What makes your jewelry box special – the materials, the design, the craftsmanship?
Best in Show $400 2nd Place $200 3rd Place $100
Prospectus Available: June 18
Submission Deadline: Aug 27
Notification of Accepted Work: Sept 3
Delivery of Work: Sept 21, 11 am – 6pm or Sept 22, 10am – 5pm
Exhibition on View: Sept 26 – Oct 26
Opening Reception & Award Ceremony: Sept 28, 6pm – 9pm
Pick up of Work: Oct 27, 10am-5pm or Oct 28, 1 – 5pm or Oct 29, 11am-6pm
Read the full prospectus: Call for Artists 2018
To apply, go to: https://www.entrythingy.com/d=cocoongallery.com
3rd bi-annual HotWorks.org
Asheville Fine Art Show
October 27 & 28, 2018
Outdoors at Pack Square Park in Downtown Asheville, NC
Juried Fine Art & Fine Craft Show
All Categories Are Open!
Deadline to Apply July 12, 2018
What you need to know:
- The Asheville Fine Art Show is produced by Hot Works fine art and fine craft shows, a company that has earned a national outstanding reputation for top-notch, high quality juried fine art and fine craft shows in Florida, Michigan and North Carolina
- Asheville is, by far, North Carolina’s most affluent and sophisticated art-buying and art-loving audience
- Institute for the Arts & Education is the associated 501c3 non-profit organization that focuses on visual arts, ethnic diversity, community enrichment and fostering art education among youth
- All art must be original and personally handmade by the artist who is at the show – please do not apply if you do not personally make the work
- Juried by Art Professionals whom have an art education and art show experience
- Hot Works Executive Producer Patty Narozny has a loyal artist following because:
- She works hard to keep out the buy/sell – and does the research to keep it out
- She knows how to work the media, and brings in cultivated patrons with money to purchase high-end art
- Patty’s unique brand of marketing with Hot Works has consistent, proven success
Patty respects and always does her best to do what’s right for the artists and for the art fair industry
- Patty has 30+ years’ experience as a successful event and media producer and the know-how to connect artists with art-buying audiences
- Each artist’s booth sign states emphatically, “All work in this booth is personally handmade by…”
- Although our philosophy is to put the money into advertising and promotion to benefit all artists in the show and to bring an art-buying patron with money to spend, there is $1,500 in professional artist awards
- No stages or pulsating music! Music is low key so you don’t have to shout to sell your art.
Deadline to apply July 3; notifications by July 13
Upon acceptance into the show, booth rent is:
· Rent includes 8’ white pipe and drape to separate space between booths plus a pole to go across the top front of your booth to hang lights, if needed
· Absolutely no more than 180 artists (or less)
· Limited onsite marketing opportunities, sponsorship and community enrichment packages are available
Interested? Please contact Executive Producer Patty Narozny at firstname.lastname@example.org , 248-684-2613.
More Info at www.hotworks.org
At Hot Works, your art is our passion!
Toe River Crafts will be jurying in new working members this July. If you are interested, please submit five images and a little something about yourself via email to email@example.com. For more information about our jurying process, please check out our website www.toerivercrafts.com or call 828-675-6068. Our jury date is July 11. Please make sure you get your information in TWO WEEKS before July 11.
Toe river crafts is a small cooperative gallery located in the South Toe River Valley. Toe River Crafts has works in several different mediums like clay, weaving, book arts, paintings, jewelry, fiber arts, printmaking, and handmade greeting cards. Toe River Crafts has been a part of the Toe River Valley for over 45 years.
Arrowmont is now accepting applications for a full-time Educational Outreach Coordinator and Studio Technician
Application Deadline: Friday, June 22, 2018
The Educational Outreach Coordinator and Studio Technician is responsible for coordinating and overseeing Arrowmont’s ArtReach programs (both local and regional) as well as maintaining educational equipment, materials, and supplies in all studios. While managing the ArtReach program, the position will also include some travel to surrounding Appalachian states (not to exceed 6 weeks per year) for the administration of off-campus ArtReach programming, as well as the coordination of local programs. The position is responsible for representing the organization and its art programs to local, regional, and national audiences including instructors, assistants, students, and prospective donors. As one of the studio technicians, this position oversees studio safety and maintenance of all studio facilities and equipment and makes recommendations for needed repairs and improvements as evidenced by use. The position reports to the Program and Studio Manager and also works closely with the Facilities Manager and Program Director. The position is an exempt salaried full-time position, year-round, and benefits eligible.
To apply, please send a one-page cover letter, a resume or CV, and a list of three professional references to Nick DeFord at firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject line as “Educational Outreach Coordinator and Studio Technician.”
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the deadline for applications is Friday, June 22.
Got a story to tell about CRAFT?
This month, we’re letting the Audience Take the Stage.
That’s right, it’s your turn. We want Y O U to give a mini-CreativeMornings talk (5-6 minutes) at this month’s event on June 29. A handful of you will have the chance to share your story on the theme of craft.
Want to put your name in the hat to be a speaker? Here’s how:
- RECORD a 60-second-MAXIMUM video snippet of yourself answering these two questions:
- Who am I?
- What’s my perspective on CRAFT? i.e., a glimpse of what your 5-6 minute talk will be about.
No personal or business “pitching” allowed!
- EMAIL it email@example.com by 5PM on Tuesday, June 12. (We’ll notify you if you’ve been selected by Thursday, June 14).
That’s IT! Best of luck
Looking for a little inspiration? Here’s what the Mumbai chapter has to say about CRAFT:
A craft is the instrument in which the authenticity of your being is communicated.
Your craft is like a portal to your inner world, and as an artist, it’s your duty to pull it out of the vortex. Craft is a catalyst for our identity and the soil for cultivating meaning.
It behooves us to realize that who we are and become—our values, beliefs, thoughts, observations—influence what comes out of the violin, sketch, or photograph, not the other way around.
Important Dates and Times
Tuesday, June 12 at 5PM – Submissions Due!
Monday, June 25 at 11AM – Tickets go LIVE
Friday, June 29 at 8:30AM – Join us for the talk!
Hardworking, creative craftsfolk and artisans ~ we heartily invite you to apply for the 2018 Marshall Handmade Market! The market has been growing steadily over the last few years, so this year we are expanding to a two day show – Saturday and Sunday, 10am-5pm!
The application fee is $20, and booth prices are:
10×10 – $200 (auditorium)
4×6 downstairs – $125 (auditorium + first floor hallways)
4×6 upstairs – $75 (second floor hallways, studios)
The Village Potters Independent Study & Mentoring Program (ISM Program) offers a directed mentorship program for the developing potter, as well as, the serious hobby artist who wants to refine his or her skills. The ISM Program is specifically designed to offer a non-traditional/relational experience to help the emerging potter or seasoned potters hone skills, develop new skills, and if desired, make the move into a career in clay with a thorough understanding of what it take to run a creative business.
Deadline to apply is Friday, August 10th for November 1st, 2018 entry into the program.
Subject: Call for Sculpture Artists – 33rd Annual Sculpture Celebration
Who: Caldwell Arts Council, Lenoir, North Carolina
When: Saturday, September 8, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: T.H. Broyhill Walking Park, 945 Lakewood Drive, Lenoir, NC
Cost: $50-80 (Discounts available for early registration)
Caldwell Arts Council announces the 33rd annual Sculpture Celebration in Lenoir, NC on Saturday September 8, 2018 at the T.H. Broyhill Walking Park in Lenoir, North Carolina.
Sculptors are invited to bring up to 3 sculptures for this one-day competition for $11,000 in cash awards, along with potential sales and commissions. This annual event attracts sculptors and buyers from the eastern United States to Lenoir, North Carolina. Last year, over 4,500 people throughout the southeast attended the family-friendly celebration.