The Art Accelerator Program is an innovative one year residency program that provides artists with the opportunity to build their artistic and entrepreneurial skills while contributing to Berea, Kentucky’s artisan attractions.
Berea Tourism invites you to apply to participate in this unique artist in residency/entrepreneurial program as an Art Fellow participant.
Who should apply?
If you are currently an artist or a crafts person who has developed a strong skill set in the medium(s) that you create and has the need and drive to develop a business around creating and selling your art, then this program is for you.
- A full studio space in which to create your work, storage of materials, and access to the public to watch and observe you work.
- A professionally managed Gallery that will sell and promote your work.
- Business education workshops, classes, and hands-on training that will enhance and help with the success as a creator to sustain a working business.
- Community outreach opportunities that may include: teaching workshops, working with area school children, working with Veterans, etc.
- Collaborating and networking with fellow artists and crafters in the region.
- Opportunities in presenting your wares in craft fairs, festivals, and other events during the year.
- A monthly stipend of $1200 to offset the cost of living in the Berea, KY area.
- 60% of all sales in the gallery and fairs and shows from booth fees the tourism department pays for, 95% of all sales resulting in wholesale sales, 100% of online sales and fairs and festivals sales that you pay the booth fees for will go back to you in the form of a monthly commission check.
- Low interest loans through MACED.
- Having the guidance of a dedicated program manager and a network of local artists and crafts people to collaborate and seek advice from.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE ART FELLOWS:
These following is expected from the selected Art Fellow in the program:
- A schedule of gallery/studio time will be set each week and the fellow is expected to adhere to that timeline.
- Art Fellows are expected to complete the following classes:
- Air Institute Shift
- Air Institute Evolve
- Fast Track Course
*Berea College’s AIR Institute is a resource that the Art Accelerator Program uses to teach the fellows in the program various entrepreneurial and creative development techniques throughout the course of the year.
*MACED’s Fast Track course is designed as an intensive class that helps you dig deeply into all aspects of your business and to draft a business plan.
- Fellows are expected to connect with the community by offering classes, workshops, or demonstrations to various factions and age groups throughout the community.
- The group of fellows will be required to create a collaborative float for the annual Berea Christmas Parade.
- Fellows are required to sell their products at the Berea Craft Festival and Kentucky Crafted Event.
- Fellows are required to an intense production schedule to keep the gallery stocked and keep up with all types of outside sales.
- Weekly production reports will be turned in to track hours involved with the program and how that time was utilized.
- Social media outlets will be used for promotion of your products and you as a creator.
- Fellows will be taught how to manage and maintain the gallery through presentation layout work, cash management, public speaking, and sales techniques.
- Fellows will play the role of Berea Ambassadors during events out of the area such as teaching opportunities, fairs, and shows. You will be asked to have promotional materials about Berea at your booths as well.
We encourage you to go to the link below and apply for this one-of-a-kind opportunity!!!!
Thank you for your interest!!!!
Link to the Application:
For more information, please contact Jeffrey Carpenter, M Ed., Program Manager: email@example.com or at 859.985.8017